Mender and Azure IoT Hub together
Combined these services provide you with secure device software lifecycle management through a single pane of glass.
- Mender server automatically synchronizes devices to Azure IoT Hub
- No need to manage device registrations in multiple places. Once registered in Mender, it is also registered with the Azure IoT Hub service
- A single user interface to look up and control information about a device and its application
Benefits of using Mender with Azure IoT Hub
Increased productivity by automatically making devices ready-to-use in both services
Reduced user complexity of managing credentials on devices
Stronger security by minimizing device-side credentials that need to be protected
Correlated analytics from Azure with past software deployments from the Mender server
Easily and efficiently access all device information in one interface, including Azure Device Twin and authentication status
Azure Device Twins in the Mender UI
You can manage Azure Device Twins directly in the Mender UI (and APIs). The Mender server synchronizes the Device Twin to Azure IoT Hub and from there it is delivered to the device.
When you have support cases or issues with devices, there is no longer any need to look up information from different sources – which will save valuable operational and debugging time.
Azure IoT Hub Device Twin configuration in the Mender UI
Watch the video to see how to manage applications with Azure Device Twins in Mender.Watch the video
Learn how the integration works
We provide several resources to help you learn how to integrate Mender and Azure IoT Hub
How to get started:
- Sign up for Mender to test the integration in our hosted platform for free
- Learn how to deploy your first software update with our Get Started guide
- Follow the integration tutorial on Mender Hub
Take a look at our tutorial for provisioning devices:Watch the video
Video: Connect your devices managed with Mender.io to Azure IoT
In this IoT Show video we talk about how to provision and connect devices managed by Mender to Azure IoT Hub.