Software components NVIDIA Jetson developers
can update with Mender:
Operating system updates with full A/B symmetric image partitioning
Low level bootloader, kernel, and root filesystem that enables the underlying operating system software capabilities.
- Robust - Rolls back to the previous version in case of a failed update
- Atomic - Installed completely or not at all (no half installations)
For a “brick-free” and redundant update process, A/B operating system update is the most robust and safe update mechanism.
Docker containers, package, files and directories higher in the software stack that deals with user experience and device functionality.
- Allows for fast, frequent, and targeted updates (much smaller file sizes)
- Greater flexibility in update type (file, package, container)
- Much less data transfer per update than operating system update
For frequent updates with constrained use cases such as network data transfer costs, application update is the most efficient updating mechanism.
Benefits of using Mender with NVIDIA Jetson Platform
Open source with community support for various Jetson family of hardware on Mender Hub
Support for all types of device software updating
Support for customized updating
No lock-in to specific cloud infrastructure, operating system or development tools
Add-on packages containing features to support full device lifecycle management
Get started with Mender on your supported Jetson SOM
Watch the video tutorial above, or read the integration tutorial for JetPack 4.6 on Mender Hub.Read the tutorial
Mender supports integration with Yocto via meta-mender layers and the Mender community contributes to different NVIDIA Jetson platforms.