Geographically dispersed devices
Enterprises managing large connected device fleets, which are geographically scattered, must be able to monitor the health of their devices reliably and efficiently.
Limited or unstable connectivity
In the environments these remote devices operate in, network bandwidth is often limited and expensive over cellular networks and constant connectivity from edge-to-cloud is required.
End users require reliability
Any interruptions may indicate a network issue, a device failure or an application performance issue which would be catastrophic for customers and companies.
A monitoring solution built for IoT
Traditional cloud services tools are designed for cloud-server infrastructure monitoring: requiring server-heavy processing, with devices continuously sending data to the server and then back to devices. Network data costs will be substantial and response times to issues will be longer.
Mender device monitoring is built for IoT and uses real-time edge processing. Instead of sending all the metrics from all the devices all the time, the devices will only send relevant data to alert you when issues occur.
- Designed for intermittent connectivity and uses close to zero bandwidth
- Vastly reduces bandwidth usage
- Enables quick responses to environmental changes locally on the device
Monitoring features and benefits
Edge processing of alerts
- Bandwidth savings
- Instant local actions
- Monitor system-wide issues such as connectivity to peripheral devices
- Detect intermittent restarts, such as from docker-compose
- Detect known issues with your own application based on its output
Log collection on Alert
- See the relevant log lines that trigger an alert
- Easily notify people directly and reduce downtime
Customer success story
“Services from Mender were delivered in a proper and excellent manner. The functionality of Mender was clearly explained to the MacGregor project team at an early stage so they could better manage their milestones.”
Joerg Peschke, Director of Drives and Controls, MacGregor